Wednesday, April 8, 2020

First Blog Post!

Hello, all! I am 20 years old, and I have lived in Oregon my whole life. I live with my boyfriend, Ryan, and our dog, Otis in Corvallis. We love being outdoors, whether that be biking, hiking, swimming, camping, or going to the coast. My original career goal was to become a physical therapist and transfer to Western Oregon University in fall 2020, but that goal has come and gone. I realized that my career goal was not for me; I was going down that path to impress my family and make them proud, and quite honestly for the money. What I truly want to do is become an elementary school teacher because I love children, and I want to be an inspiration and great role model for them. I want a career that I love and truly enjoy, so that is why I am currently finishing up my transfer degree and working towards an Education Degree starting next school year.

I am taking this class because (1) it fulfills a requirement for my current transfer degree, and (2) I enjoy writing about things I am passionate about or that have a deep meaning to me. I absolutely hated writing in middle and high school because the prompts were bland and the topics were never interesting enough for me. Once I made it into the college writing setting, I found a true passion for writing. I am hoping this class will be a great experience, and maybe open doors for me that I never knew were there or give me tools to become a better writer. I am excited to build a portfolio in this class as that is something I had never thought of doing, as well as learning new forms of writing and ways I can display my works to others.

My three goals for this term are:
(1) to manage and balance my personal life, work life, and school work,
(2) learn accountability and self-discipline, and
(3) gain new skills and abilities that can help me be successful in my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment